I would LOVE the opportunity to come teach your group! Please email for details.
LET THE MAGIC IN YOU COME OUT!

Search This Blog

3.26.2012

RED SKY AT NIGHT...SAILOR'S DELIGHT

Another door knob quilt that began with a scrap of fabric that I painted with some of my favorite colors...

  

And that reminded me of an ocean scene after I lay the long strips at the bottom...


 of a sunset with beautiful red and gold skies and a little white froth at the edge of the shell and seaweed scattered sand...


 With the reflection of the last rays of sun shining on the water...


 A few seagulls looking for their bedtime snack...


And glorious color promising the sailor's delight... 

 

 Mentioned in the old adage...


 Red Sky at Night...Sailor's Delight... 

 

14 comments:

  1. Another lovely piece of work Annie. It really is very inspired of you to see a picture from a few pieces of material and it does look like the sea. The saying here is Red Sky at Night Shepherds Delight, Red Sky in Morning Shepherds Warning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann. :) I try not to over-think when I start adding elements to these door knob quilts – or anything for that matter – and sometimes it’s successful and other times not. But I honestly don’t often “see” the picture until I’m well into it! The quote is a North American saying but goes Way back to…who knows?!?

      Delete
  2. Love the floating gulls and the sea. Red skies yes, take cover. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are having a fantastic trip. Just to give you more to do when you get home, I'm tagging you with a Leibster Award. Your blog is definitely one of the best I read and certainly deserves more attention.

    http://twasbrilligand.blogspot.com/2012/04/liebster-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Thank you Char! We are having a fantastic trip and I'll have to check out the Leibster Award Before we get home since we have our son's computer to play with. Love...

    ReplyDelete

Yuckola. More than half of my email has been from anonymous, so.....